Mary Anne has a strong and diverse business background. She is an independent strategic business consultant located in Oxnard, California and consults with the Ventura County Civic Alliance and the Career Education project with the Oxnard Union High School District, as well as private clients on a variety of business related concerns.
Mary Anne has lead a local movement to engage youth with government through Summer at City Hall programs with the City of Oxnard, the County of Ventura, and the City of Camarillo. She participates on a statewide basis with the Institute for Local Government, Government Engaging Youth program.
Additionally, she spearheaded the effort with the Department of Defense to bring a high tech simulator classroom to Ventura County.
She is currently the President of the Board of Harbor Commissioners for the Port of Hueneme. Additionally, she is the Past President of the Association of Pacific Ports, a member of the Economic Development Committee for the American Association of Port Authorities, CEO of the World Affairs Council, California Central Coast Chapter, and former Vice President and Secretary for the Ventura County Special Districts Association, and Past President of the Oxnard/Ocotlán Sister City Committee.
Mary Anne earned a master’s degree from Azusa Pacific University, bachelor’s degree from the University of California Santa Barbara, a Certificate in Mediation and Negotiation, and is a Certified Global Business Professional.
Mary Anne has earned awards with the Pacific Coast Business Times as one of the Top 50 Women in Business, 25 over 50 with the Ventura County Star, and Director of the Year with the Ventura County Special Districts Association.
Previously, Mary Anne was elected as a Trustee for the Ventura County Community College District from 2002-2006 and was elected by her peers to the statewide California Community College Trustee board. During this time, she served on various local and statewide boards, was an active advocate to increase funding, protect students’ rights and access to education, a frequent presenter, and provided local oversight for a $200 million budget operating budget and $356 million bond project.
- EDUCATION/TRAINING ACHIEVED:
- Master of Arts—Azusa Pacific University
- Bachelor of Arts—UC, Santa Barbara
- Associate of Arts—Oxnard College
- Certified Mediator — UC, Santa Barbara
- Certified Global Business Professional, NASBITE
- Professional in Human Resources Certificate
- California Teaching Credential – Adult Studies
- Going Global International Training Certificate – Center for International Trade and Development
- COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT (selected):
- CEO, World Affairs Council—California Central Coast
- Founding Member, VC Women’s Political Council
- Member, Workforce Development Committee subcommittees
- Member, Government Engaging Youth Community of Practice
- Member, California Women Lead
- Member, League of Women Voters
- Past President, Oxnard Sister City Committee
- Former Vice President and Secretary, Ventura County Special Districts Association
- Friend, Soroptimist International of Oxnard
- Former Trustee, Ventura County Community College District
- Previous Chair, Oxnard Chamber of Commerce Education Committee
- Past President, Gull Wings Children’s Museum
- Former President, Associated Student Government, Oxnard College
- Representative, White House Initiative on Educational Excellence for Hispanic Americans, 1998
- Former Member of the City of Oxnard Measure Oversight Committee